About David Ruzumna
After 15 years practicing law in Washington state, David Ruzumna is running for King County Superior Court Judge, Position 42.
In his own law practice, David represents a wide array of clients, with equally diverse interests and goals. He assists many small and mid-size businesses in planning and consummating transactions, and has represented civil litigants — plaintiffs and defendants — in multiple counties, including King, Pierce, Snohomish and Kitsap counties. David has represented juveniles in King County Juvenile Court, adult defendants charged with felony and misdemeanor crimes, and he has represented parties facing administrative license revocation proceedings (day care providers, foster parents, and healthcare providers).
David has dedicated significant time to pro bono work, including volunteering for the Center for Children and Youth Justice ('CCYJ'), several dog rescue organizations, local theater companies as well as individual artists, and has served on the King County Bar Association’s Volunteer Assistance for Persons with AIDS, (providing free and reduced fee services). David has been formally recognized for several years by the Washington State Bar Association for his commitment to pro bono work.
As the owner of his own law practice, David has a first-hand understanding of the challenges and benefits of owning and operating a business, and his extensive experience advocating for diverse clients, with equally varied interests, gives David the kind of broad experience and balanced, practical perspective that we expect from great judges.
David lives in Ballard with his wife, Jennifer, and their two children, Sarah and Sam.
David welcomes the opportunity to serve King County as a Superior Court judge.
- Active member of the Washington State Bar Association since 1997
- Member of the King County Bar Association
- Licensed since 2000 to practice before the United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- Licensed since 2010 to Practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
Volunteer/Pro Bono Activities
- Panel Member of KCBA’s Volunteer Assistance for Persons with AIDS/HIV ('VAPWA' program)
- Volunteer Attorney for Lawyers Fostering Independence (Program administered through CCYJ)
- Actively Provides Pro Bono Services on behalf of several Animal Rescue/Shelter Organizations, Theater Arts organizations, and individual artists
- B.A., Sociology, Humboldt State University (1993)
J.D., cum laude, Seattle University (1997)
- Editorial Board, Seattle University Law Review (Note & Comment Editor)